What I do love about Slimming World is how excited I am to try the recipes. It doesn't feel like dieting as I still get to eat many of my favourite meals. One of my favourite meals ever is Risotto however I was worried it would no long be my go to dish while dieting. With all the cream, cheese and whatever else I feel like throwing in at the time it would be a syn nightmare. I have actually managed to find a syn free (On Extra Easy) recipe which I'm going to share with you today.
Ham and Leek Risotto.Serves 4
Syns per serving - FREE (EE)
You will need...
Low calorie cooking spray
1 onion, chopped.
3 Leeks, chopped.
250g dried risotto rice.
110g lean ham, chopped.
2 pints of chicken stock.
Salt and Pepper.
- Spray a large saucepan with the low calorie spray, and place on a medium heat. Fry the leek and onions for a few minutes until they sort to soften.
- While these cook, heat the stock in a separate saucepan once boiling, lower the heat to maintain a simmer.
- Add the rice and ham to the leeks and onions and cook for one minute then add a ladle full of stock to the rice.
- Stir regularly until the stock simmers away and then add another ladle full. Repeat this until all the stock has disappeared and the risotto rice is soft. This should take around 25 minutes.
- Season to taste, and enjoy!
This is a great recipe as it's super tasty but also really adaptable. You could add in any free or super veg to bulk it up more, and if you don't like ham you can change it to chicken. It's also really yummy if you save your healthy extra and add a little cheese on top!
Debs over at SuperBusyMum has shared her journey this week and it would be lovely if you could also head over and give it a read!
We thought doing it together would help keep us motivated! Feel free to link up your SW journeys, recipes and anything else you have that is Slimming world related. Feel free to link up TWO posts if needs be and both OLD & NEW posts are very welcome.
We'd love it if you could grab our badge too!